This is the main page of Free SMS. It’s really simple to send a free sms message. Here are the steps:
- Setup your settings(see below)
- Input a phone number to send a text to. You can do this by manually typing in the number or by clicking the + button to choose a contact from your phone book, it will auto populate the mobile phone number into the text box(if using this option you MUST have the area code with the phone number)
- Choose the carrier of the person you are texting TO, not your carrier.
- Type in the text message you want to send
- Click Cancel button to go back and make changes or Click Go button to send the text!
This is the settings screen for Free SMS. You only have to set it up once then, just enjoy sending free text messages!
- Type in your user name for the email account you would like to use.
- Type in the SMTP Server address
- Type in the SMTP Server Port(Common Ports: 25, 465, and 587)
- Type in a connection timeout, this is how long the app will wait trying to send a message(longer over 3G, shorter over wifi)
- If the account requires your username/password to send messages via SMTP, enable the Requires Authorization switch
- Type in your username for the email account.
- Type in your password for the email account.
- If the email account requires SSL encryption when sending through the smtp server, enable the Use SSL switch.